Trader Investor Visas – E-1 and E-2
VERDIN’s business and investor group provides help to clients wanting to establish and/or expand their operations in the United States. We represent clients in business planning and E visa matters involving real estate ventures, technology start-ups, business acquisitions, or new business formations.
We have helped clients in multiple industries to include: international trade, real estate, restaurants and hospitality, technology, beauty and fashion, retail and services.
Our team is especially focused on forming a strategic relationship with our clients to aid them to succeed in the early planning stages. Many of our clients retain us at early stage planning to maximize opportunities for success.
We provide international clients strategic advice on starting and operating a new venture to secure immigration benefits. We address preliminary business planning to include business modeling, legal entity selection, business plan preparation and revision; and business document preparation for incorporations and owner agreements.
E-1 Visa – Treaty Traders
VERDIN lawyers are specialized immigration lawyers that assist foreign nationals that have been historically involved in a significant amount of trade in products or services with the United States. Alternatively, we assist foreign nationals establish import/export operations to plan for the E-1 visa at a later date.
Our team will advise foreign business owners in connection with meeting E-1 visa requirements to include formation; corporate strategy; and expanding workforce through foreign employee sponsorship.
E-2 Visa – Treaty Investors
We are experienced in handling complex E-2 investor cases. We routinely deal with US Citizenship and Immigration Services, US embassies and consulates around the world to help our clients achieve their investor visas. We develop strategies to effectively navigate the statutory and regulatory requirements. Equally important, we stay informed on changes related to policies and procedures affecting our client’s investor cases.
In addition, we assist E-2 designated businesses petition for foreign employees with special qualifications that are essential for the business.
Points to Know
- Plan to Succeed: The U.S. government wants to see that the foreign investor has planned for success. Accordingly, the investor should provide a detailed 5-year business plan – forecasting capacity to generate sufficient revenue to exceed minimal living standards.
- 5 Year Business Plan Assistance: Verdin will assist in creating your 5 Year Business Plan. Call 214-741-1700 or 800-656-4232; or Contact Verdin.
- Create US Job Opportunities: The foreign investor should provide evidence to show that the enterprise will create job opportunities in the U.S. By expanding jobs in the U.S. economy, the investor can increase his or her probabilities of obtaining the E2 visa.
- Provide Evidence for Income Generation: An E2 applicant is to provide evidence that the enterprise will generate significant income at a level that is above a standard living income for the total number of family members in the investor’s household.
- Provide Documentation for Source of E2 Visa Investment: If the enterprise has the capacity to generate significant income then the investor should provide such evidence. For example, if the enterprise has already generated high sales volume, then the investor should provide bank statements and Profit & Loss statements to support the declaration of high income.